There’s a lot to love about our community. My family and I have lived here for 25 years, and in that time I’ve seen a lot of change, and a lot of opportunities.
I still see opportunities – and I’d love to work with you to realise those.
* Protect and strengthen Medicare so that our families can access quality care when its needed regardless of income
* Create more childcare spaces and greater affordability – so that women who want to return to the workforce can do exactly that.
* Ensure industry diversity. We can grow our traditional industries like manufacturing, retail and the arts, as well as invest in new and emerging sectors.
* Importantly, commit to continued real action on climate change. Not only is Labor committed to nationwide reform, but locally, I am the only candidate to commit to a tangible climate action for Ryan – through my commitment to delivering a community solar battery in The Gap. This one initiative alone will put our electorate at the forefront of climate action. Additionally, I’ve secured the following support for our local sporting and community clubs.
Projects announced so far:
- $250,000 to Phoenix Netball to upgrade sign in and first aid facilities
- $125,000 to Ferny Grove State High School for shade structures
- $30,000 to Hilder Road SS to build shade structures at the school
- $200,000 to the Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network towards their project to enhance local waterways to encourage biodiversity in our communities
- 1 of 400 Community Batteries to store solar energy locally to be built at The Gap who have the highest uptake of household solar in the electorate
- Valley’s Cricket, Ashgrove – Competition level lights – $150,000
- LaTrobe Football Club, Bardon – Competition level lights – $150,000
- St Johns Wood Scouts Hall – Flood mitigation and recovery – $250,000
All content authorised by J. Campbell, Australian Labor Party (Queensland Branch), Brisbane, QLD.1st.